Travelling anytime soon? This is for you. Maintaining a high level of vigilance cannot be over emphasized, you know. So you’re better off safe than sorry. Here are 9 important tips to know before hitting the road.
• Make it a point of duty to always be aware of your surroundings; don’t become distracted to the extent of putting yourself at risk. It’s important to be alert at all times.
• Know your surroundings and stay in control of every situation. Look and act confident, like you know where you are going. Do not look lost or confused; simply look for a person in authority or business where you can ask for directions.
• Never flash your money in public. Exchange funds with reputable and recognized exchangers only.
• Do not discuss travel plans, your room number, or any other personal information in public within earshot of strangers.
• Watch for scams on the street. Children working with adults are notorious as pickpockets.
• Avoid public demonstrations and other civil disturbances.
• Learn the emergency number for the country you are visiting, because 9-1-1, 1-1-2 or 7-6-7 does not apply worldwide.
• Always visit the Department of State website for information regarding which country you will be visiting. They provide safety tips and share information about what crime issues tourists may encounter there.
• Provide your family or a close friend with your itinerary, all travel information and contacts. Write down important contact numbers that you will need, in the event your cell phone gets lost or stolen.
Culled from http://www.eturbonews.com